Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meet the Teacher

We are so excited for Parker to be going to a new school this year. Jeff and I went the other night (without kiddos, been way to long since we have done that) and went to a parent orientation and met Parker's teacher and learned lots about the school and we also picked up his books. It was nice to not have the kids with us. His teacher was very nice and the most bizarre but comfortable thing that happened the whole night was that they said an opening and closing prayer. I don't know why it caught me off guard....I guess maybe because public school is not that way. I should get used to it though he is going to a Christian School. We had a great time and even went out with some friends after. Their little boy is going to school there as well. Parker is excited that his best little buddy is going to be at his same school. He was kind of nervous about not knowing anyone.

The very next day I was able to take Parker back to Meet the Teacher. (We almost didn't make it though, I stopped by Staples to get some last minute supplies and I locked my keys in my car. Thankfully Jeff was close by and could rescue us) Parker was so cute and I could tell that he is getting so excited to be going to his new school. And come to find out there are two kids from his class last year that are in his class. I thought that was kind of funny. He was so excited to see boys he knew. His class has 9 kids in it and I just love the sound of that. Last year there were over 20 and so to have a small class is music to my ears. We cannot wait for school to start tomorrow. He has already done his first round of homework and survived. (well we both did) While we were there Parker and Addison just loved this huge teddy bear, especially Addison. She would walk up to it and hug it....so cute!!!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

You guys are going to love the school! The prayers are a little different but it is also so nice. The prayer language is different than ours so sometimes I would forget they were praying.

Who is his teacher? Good luck this year!