Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I just love all of the things you do around Halloween. We had a church activity and we all brought pumpkins and carved them and they had games for the kids. The kids had a great time playing the games. Parker was so excited to carve the pumpkin. He had the most perfect stencil picked out and he knew what he wanted to do. Then he helped make the hole in the top. He looked inside and said forget about it. But he still wanted me or Jeff to carve the pumpkin with what he wanted. And let me tell you...it was a hard picture. On a scale from 1 to 10 it was probably an 8. More than I could do. So he left us there with the pumpkin and played with his friends. I was holding Kate in a pack on my belly and didn't feel it would work to carve it, so it was up to Jeff. And this is what he got. Not exactly as planned.
Photobucket

Photobucket

But the very next day. We sat down and talked about his design and came up with a much better one. He liked how it turned out. I think it turned out cute. Moral of the story...don't let Jeff carve your pumpkin. Just so you know though, Jeff was quite proud of that pumpkin.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: