Saturday, May 26, 2012

Field Day

So we finished off another year at MCA. We sure do love Parker's school. This was the first of May and he had his field day. He came home a week before the event and kept talking about how he needed to practice his running because they were having a race during field day. I didn't think anything of it. Then the day before the event we went and got him new tennis shoes. He was so excited because he was going to get some that made him faster (that is what he kept saying in the car) At the store he did laps around building. I kept telling him to stop and he just kept saying, "Mom, I have to practice.!!" And he was very adamant about it. Then that morning he was outside running and Jeff asked him what on earthy he was doing? He said, "Dad, today is the big race and I have to win!!" Jeff said he was a little confused and just left him to his running. Not until that day did we realize what he was talking about. They were having a race for each grade and then gender. He was certain he was going to win. And all his running paid off, I guess! He came in 2nd place. We are so proud of our little runner! We all had a great time at the field day and are looking forward to summer!!! I cannot believe that I have a 3rd grader!!   Here are just a few pics from that day!




Photobucket

No comments: