Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Official


We have been waiting what feels like forever (really it has only been 2 months) but we found out last week that Parker got into the school we wanted him to get into. We are so excited. He is now a MCA Knight. He is very excited. When Jeff and I talked about schooling for Parker (before he even started Kindergarten) we had a HUGE debate about home school and public school. He was home schooled and for him it was a no brainer. Well I went to public school and I really wanted him to have the social aspect of public school. Now that he has gone to public school there is so much more politics that we don't want to have to deal with and don't want him to be exposed to. So this school is the best of both worlds. He gets to go to school 2 1/2 days a week and then is home schooled the other two....yeah!! On Fridays he only goes 3 hours. One hour of Spanish, one of Science, and one of Music. We could also choose Art if we would like. We LOVE this school. Their curriculum is amazing!!! One thing that I felt he was missing out on while in school was the chance to be a kid. He was in school from sun up to sun down (it felt like) and he would tell me that he didn't have time to play. Plus I get to have more of a hand in his education. We are so excited and we cannot wait. Plus his best little friend is going to be going there as well. YAY!!! Parker is very excited, but a little confused. After I told him he wanted to know if we were going there that day. He is not quite getting it. The fall will not come soon enough.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am so happy for you guys! I can not say enough positive things about MCA. Hope it is a smooth transition for you guys!