Thursday, March 4, 2010

Overacheiver

I am not a morning person at all. Not sure I ever will be. I have been trying the last week to make a hot breakfast for Parker. I have done waffles, pancakes, german pancakes, and the list goes on. Jeff and Addison are loving it. This is a conversation we had about it this morning.

P: Mom, when can I choose my breakfast?
Me: what do you mean?
P: Well I want to have Captain Crunch!!
Me: You mean you don't like the nice breakfast I have been making you?
P: I just want Captain Crunch mom.

Inside I am kind of upset, why have I been killing myself to get up and make him breakfast when a bowl of cereal is all he wants? To top it off he tells me on the way to school today that the school makes better breakfast than me and that he wants to have breakfast at school. I guess I had better stop being an overachiever and let the kid have cereal or even better let him have breakfast at school. Kids are funny!!!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Caleb and I wrote these books for out moms about all the reasons we loved them. One of his was that his mom always made breakfast for them growing up. When I read that, I thought I can do that to show him I love him. I did it for months only to find out he didn't like it either because it made him run late. That was his own fault I always had it ready in time he just never came to eat it until too late. So anyway, I stopped that and just wait until I'm forced out of bed by the kids.

larshannon said...

Translation = 15 minutes of extra sleep and fewer dishes.

You lucky woman!