Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blast from the Past!!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful hubby today. He is finally the big 30....woo hoo!! I have been planning to do a big surprise party for the big day. Since he was born in 1980 and is turning 30 it was only appropriate to do an 80's themed party. I had so much fun planning it and without my good friend Camilla I never could have pulled it off. Thanks Camilla!!!

The night started off with Jeff being kidnapped by a few friends, blindfolded and driven around for 20 minutes. I played dumb and acted like I did not know what was going on. What he didn't know was that the second he left I had a sitter come over and watch the kids and I dressed in my 80's outfit and off I went to the party. They brought him over about 5 minutes after I got there and we took off the blindfold and I am happy to say that he was completely surprised. I was afraid that he thought something was up because random things like Garbage Pail Kids would show up in the mail and he would ask me with a weird face if I ordered those?? Or someone brought over some cassette tapes and he was wondering why I needed those....luckily he had no clue. yay!!!


Once he got there the party began. There were no kids and so we sat around and played some games and had a great time. I am so glad that everyone came and helped Jeff celebrate and that they were willing to dig through their closets and find those 80s clothes.

Camilla's husband Cory played Jeff a song about the story of his life to 80s music....hilarious!!! Jeff is not a big fan of music and had only heard some of the music though. What he thought was funny was that we all knew the songs and were singing along.



The party planners




Like the cheesy cake I found...I thought it was perfect for the theme.


Who doesn't love poprocks??

`
Don't you just love all that 80s stuff. It was fun to collect all that stuff.





Like the puff paint shirt??? Oh yes and the head band?? We made Jeff put this on once he got there.


Here are our wonderful guests....thanks everyone for coming!! We had a blast!!!









Now that we are home the kids have adopted all the goodies. Parker has been wearing the slap bracelets since and Addison claimed these as hers. She LOVES them!!!


Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

happy birthday to jeff! looks like it was a lot of fun!!!

Brimaca said...

Look very fun! I tried a surprise party here in Ut for Caleb it didn't pan out. I hope he still had a good 30th!