Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Night in Bethlehem

I have been the activity chairperson in our ward and I had the pleasure of putting together a Christmas Party. When the Bishopbric told me what they wanted I took the challenge and did it. They wanted me to do A Night in Bethlehem. I had no idea what I was getting myself into until it was too late. The whole idea behind it is that everyone is invited to come to Bethlehem and pay their taxes and sign the census. Everyone received coins and had to buy their dinner in the Bethlehem Market. Then they got to be there for the birth of the Savior, this is the program part of the night.

There were seven shops in all....The Butcher Shop, The Pita Inn, The Pottery Place, The Dreidel Shop, The Vegetable Garden, The Bakery and The Winery.


Everyone came in biblical attire. Addison LOVED this little dress. She loved it so much she wants to wear it to church.




I think that it turned out pretty good. Not sure I want to do it again any time soon. Thanks to all those that helped me. There are so many of you and I don't know how to thank you. Now I feel like I can finally enjoy the season.

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

You did great! It was beautiful

Ashleigh said...

it did turn out really well!!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Wow! That is a TON of work, but what a great experience for those that attended.