Sunday, May 15, 2011

End of the Year Festivities

I cannot believe that another school year has come and gone. We had such a great year and Parker learned alot. We had such a great experience at his school and he is headed back there next year. There are days when I want to drop him off at the nearest public school, but the good ones outweigh the bad. We get to see him more often, which Addison loves. Plus we don't have to deal with the politics that come with public school. No offense to teachers or anyone that loves it, it is just not for us. We debated doing home school full time but this school is the best of both worlds. We just love it.

On the 2nd to last day of school Parker's teacher invited all the parents to class and read the kids a touching story about a mother saying good bye to her son and all the things they went through over the years he was in school. It was so precious. She then thanked us and was almost in tears. She is so wonderful and I know that Parker will miss her.

The next night was the Spring Concert. The kids got to show off what they did for their Friday classes. Parker took Spanish, Music and Science. He loved going to school on Fridays. His favorite was Science. But he enjoyed Music as well. He did learn some Spanish, but it was not his most favorite class. The Music classes did some singing and in Parker's class they did some folk songs with dancing. Here is one photo I got, but really it is a photo of the back of that guy. Addison was a runner that night and would not sit still and when I got up to go and take a photo, (we were sitting by the door because Jeff was handing out programs,so our seats were not that good), Addison ran and so I was trying my hardest to get something. But not much turned out. Their songs were really cute and they did a great job!!

The next morning the Grammar School had a concert for the parents. Parker's class was so cute. They sang a song about the Ten Commandments and they had actions to go with it. Oh my, what a cute song.

After that was field day....just what the kids were waiting for. I let the kids run and do what they wanted. It was a really windy day and I did not want to take Kate out and so I hung out inside and the kids were outside with some friends. I did get out there a couple of times and snap a few photos. They looked like they had fun. After the games they served us lunch and then the highlight of the day...Bahama Bucks. I just found out that one of the girls parents in Parker's class owns it and so they brought enough for everyone. It all makes sense now. For every holiday Parker would bring home a coupon for a free snow cone and so now I am wondering why it took me all year to figure that out. And what is even funnier is that the mom that I know the best is the one that owns it. Guess I didn't really know that much.



Then we made a new tradition...pizza for dinner on your last day of school. Who doesn't love that???


Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

the mom that you were talking about who's kid also goes to that school? i think i know her. did she just have a baby? i believe her daughter and lucy were on the same soccer team.

Brimaca said...

Love his toothless grin. :)