Saturday, May 7, 2011

More visitors

We were so lucky to have Jeff's youngest brother come and visit. He and his wife have a 7 month old and we had not had a chance to meet him yet and so it was great they came to visit. He was teething the whole time he was here and so they said that we did not get to see the real side of little Cameron, but he is still adorable!!

While they were here we had some great BBQ, went to the park, made Easter cookies, enjoyed some Settlers of Catan, (Chris...Jeff's demands a rematch!!!) had an Easter Egg Hunt, colored Easter Eggs, enjoyed Bahama Bucks and Your Way Yogurt. So much fun. We also had alot of down time...after all I just had a baby!! Thanks Chris and Tishelle for coming!! We really enjoyed having you here!

Here are some photos of the fun!!

Let's Start with BBQ...we really wanted to take him to our fav place called KD's but it did not work out, so we went to the next best place we love called The Hot Pit...they have the best fried okra...yummy!! The kids always love it!!


Tishelle tried a jalapeno...not sure how it turned out, I had to run and feed the baby. But I was there for this part. It was huge and so I am sure it was not easy to eat.

Parker just kept saying, more more. He ate a ton, I am not sure where he puts it all.

There is a park in town that just got a new playground and so I thought it would be fun to go. I forgot my camera and so I stole this photo of my kiddos. They loved it, but it was windy here and so it was not ideal weather for two babies. We did not stay long. I did go back a few days later. It is now the favorite park and the only one my kids ever want to go to. I will have to get some better photos. The playground is awesome.


So I have posted about the cookies that we love to make...the kids got so excited when I told them we were making them again. Jeff's brother loved it, I think we got him hooked. We all had a great time. Jeff was funny, you cannot tell but he piled a huge pile of jelly beans on his cookie...it was so funny. Maybe you had to be there. He was actually embarrassed that I took a photo.

Part of me thinks making the cookie is their favorite part, they could do this part forever. It is kind of nice! I know where they are and what mess they are making.





Easter was so fun. The kids enjoyed an egg hunt in the backyard. Parker was so speedy and got most of the eggs, but we stopped him before too long and let Addison get some. She loved it.




Parker and the popular chocolate bunny. He always has the thing devoured within 5 minutes of seeing it. A day later he was trying to convince me that Addison said they could share hers...such a liar. He just wanted another chocolate bunny.

Do you like my photo of my kids on Easter in their Sunday best...oh wait Parker is in his pjs. He changed first thing and would not change back into his suit. Such a bum!!! At least my little Addison looked adorable.


Here is our newest little addition...isn't that the cutest little dress? She was an angel for Easter. She went to church for the first time.

Who doesn't color eggs on Easter, it was always something I loved doing as a kid. Now that I am a parent, I do not look forward to it. Who knows where the dye is going to end up and who knows how many fingers are going to end up blue. The kids loved it and asked for more eggs when we were done. I had boiled 18 knowing that it would take us a while to eat that many boiled eggs. I don't think that Cameron knew what to think.





We always take every guest that comes to town to Your Way Yogurt(well almost everyone). You get to pick and choose and make your own creation. The kids LOVE it. Addison always wants pink...doesn't matter the flavor just as long as it is pink. Parker piles it on. We did not watch him carefully and he got more than I did. He loved every single bite.



And if you made it this far....thanks!!! Sorry for the picture overload. At least I know some grandparents are loving it. Back in a few days for more updates....lots more to come.

Photobucket

3 comments:

anneliese said...

Love the pictures and the journaling. So fun to see all the good times you have. Thanks for sharing.

Stacey said...

Love all the pictures!!! Looks like yall had fun with your guest!

Brimaca said...

That pic of Addison doing the "ooo" face with her Easter basket is soooo cute.