Saturday, May 7, 2011

On our own...

So Jeff's parents were originally going to stay for 3 or so weeks but their plans changed and they had to leave early. The kids were sad to see them go. Addison asked for Papa every day. She just kept saying, "Papa go??" They really did enjoy having them here. I am very grateful for them and I have truly been blessed with great in-laws!! Here is cute photo of them before they left.



After they left the panic set in that I was finally going to be on my own. I have heard horror stories of how the third one is the hardest to adjust to. I think so far that has been the hardest adjustment. I have learned to accept a lot more and some days I just hope and pray that my kids don't kill each other. I swear they have been terrors since Kate was born. I know it is just them adjusting, but still....come on already. Addison has been having the hardest adjustment. It has always been "mommy do it" and so when I can't and Jeff has to do it the crying sets in and the tantrums start. I hope that with time that will get better.

Not long after Jeff's parents left we got some more visitors. We had a great time with them and hope they enjoyed their stay. More about who it was and what we did later (not that there is much to do in Midland, but we did some fun stuff)....gotta get some sleep.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

OH! Don't say that!! I am hoping the first two are going to somehow get over the killing each other stage before Ben gets here! :-) And they will magically turn into great little helpers... all the time. :-) Good luck!

Stacey said...

Hope you had a fabulous mothers day, and by the way you looked fabulous! And Miss Kate is adorable I got a little peak at her at church!

Brimaca said...

I thought they left early. I miss them too. They always helped me out at the library. :)