Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer has come and gone

We had an amazing summer!! I was kind of sad to see it go. We traveled alot and so I am glad to see that part of it gone and back on a schedule but we really did alot of fun stuff. And I will miss the lazy mornings. But we were ready for school to start!!

Just a few things we did this summer.

Kids finally got to feed the dolphins in Sea World. (we missed it the first few times) 

We went to Legoland Discovery in Dallas.  We surprised the kids with this. (Thanks Allan and Diane for taking care of Kate, so much easier without her!)

Seriously the coolest part of the place, a whole city built out of legos...that must have taken FOREVER!!  Parker says that is what he wants to do when he grows up.

By far the kids favorite part of the whole place!! What kid doesn't want to drive their own car??


We went to Glenn Beck's Restoring Love event in Dallas.....I cannot explain how cool this was. Jeff kind of dragged me there, but I am glad that we went!! So much fun!!

Part of the volunteer day. (34,00 people volunteered that day, pretty amazing!)


The main event was held at Dallas Cowboys Stadium. If you have not seen this place...wow...huge!!!

Parker went to his very first Major League Baseball game. We didn't win, but still fun.  (Thanks again to Allan and Diane for watching the girls, so fun to spend time with Parker)


  Spent some time with Mark and Lacey. They just moved to San Antonio and we have enjoyed visiting them and meeting Baby Jax. We went to the Children's Museum downtown last time...kiddos loved that!!



 Addison was in love with their HEB, it was a full on grocery store with check out and everything, she played in there forever. 
Parker loved the big chess game, he kicked my butt, I was the one who taught him to play, I kind of asked for it. 

I traveled to the big city of Atlanta (by myself) and went to a National Conference for Thirty-One Gifts. Such an amazing experience. I met some amazing people and just fell in love with Thirty-One even more. Oh and got a few new cute bags...a girl can never have too many bags. (Thanks Jeff for taking the week off and staying home with the kids so I could go!! Already planning on going next year!!)


My new favorite bag....aren't those owls so cute?? And it is thermal lined...what is not to love??

Let's not forget about our weekly bowling trip, swimming a few days a week and our movie outings as well!! We had a fantastic summer! Sad to see it go!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What an amazing summer!