Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Parker!!

I feel like we have been celebrating all week. We have sure been busy. Originally we were going to take Parker to Sea World for his birthday (in San Antonio) and we had planned that months ago. Jeff has been on restriction for his back....gotta love that. He is back into physical therapy. He cannot sit for very long and so we can't go. San Antonio is 300 miles away. I am bummed (and so was Parker) and so tried to do fun stuff here instead. The weekend was supposed to start with Jeff and Parker going camping and that was canceled due to really bad weather. We even had a tornado watch. I went over to Parker's school to take his class treats for his birthday and found all the kids having to sit in the hallways in the position they would be in if there was a disaster. Poor kids they had to sit in the hallway for almost an hour. I felt really bad for them. They were all doing very well though. Once we finally got back into the classroom they were much better and excited to get a cupcake. Wowsers...check out all that frosting!! The kids loved them!!

After Parker got home we had to break the news that they weren't going camping. He was bummed but we decided to give him his birthday present early. He finally joined the wii club. He has been asking for one forever. I was ready for the cat to be let out of the bag. We have had it for two weeks and Jeff and I have been playing it at night after he went to bed. Jeff is definitely addicted. Parker was so excited and he played that all evening. I think that made up for not being able to go camping.




The next day for lunch he picked to go out to Double Daves Pizza for lunch. It was YUMMY!! He loved it!! Good choice Parker!! Then in the afternoon he had a little party with some of his friends. They had a fun time. I was so mad about his decorations. I love balloons and you can't have a birthday without them. Well, I went to get some and they said that they had so many orders and that they couldn't get any for me until 5 pm and the party was at 2 pm...I was so mad. I didn't have time to run around Midland finding more balloons and so that was it, no balloons for the party. What kind of party were we having?? The kids had fun anyway and they had fun playing the Wii. Our original plans were ruined with the weather. We were going to have the kids go outside and play on the slip and slide and get water balloons and have a good time with water. Oh well!! They had fun anyway. Parker really enjoyed having his best little buddies over. I only let him have over 3 friends and I am glad. After two hours my nerves were fried. I was ready for a time out for me. I just sit back and cannot believe that my Parker is 6....where has time gone?? Happy Birthday Parker!!!





Don't you just love Parkers cake?? Totally his idea....I love the way it turned out. What is funny though is that he has not had any of it. He only wanted ice-cream. Thanks Camilla for coming over and bringing your kids and eating some of them. We had too many hamburgers to eat. They were yummy though, the brownie is the best part....the best way to eat a cupcake if you ask me!!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Those cupcakes turned out amazing! And sheesh did your plans keep on changing. We were sad about the campout too. That day was rough but the rest of the weekend was great.
What are the fries made of?

Ashleigh said...

very cute cake! where did you come up with the idea?!