Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day 2011

Just like the rest of the United States we got hit hard with REALLY cold temps. Seriously.....when it is in the negatives, that is WAY too cold. I felt like I was back home during the dead of winter. Then the electric company started doing rolling black outs and then it got really cold. We did get some snow though and it stuck around for a couple of days. The kids were loving it. I am glad that we had some kind of snow gear. You just don't invest in that kind of stuff unless you know you are going to use it. And here...you never know. I think the kids were going crazy though with the negative numbers because I would not let them go outside and they hated it. Eventually it warmed up to the teens and I let them out, but not for very long. I think what Parker loved most about having snow was that he only had school one day last week. Jeff and I were going crazy. Jeff was home all week too. His time off can be explained by a LONG story, but I think he is enjoying his time off. It has been great for me, he helps out a TON with the kids and gets them breakfast almost every morning and lets me sleep in. Anyway onto the pics because I know that is all most of you want to see anyway.









I think their favorite part of the whole thing was the hot chocolate. I also had warm soup to try and get them warm. Addison had never had her own hot chocolate before and loved it. I usually just give her a few sips of mine and she is content. She couldn't finish it (which I anticipated) and she wanted me to put it in the fridge. I don't think she understood that it was HOT chocolate. It was cute.





Today it finally warmed up and we all spent the afternoon outside. Jeff planted some new trees...woo hoo, hope they turn out good. They are dormant right now and so the weather was perfect for them. The kids enjoyed their bikes and LOVED not being cooped up in the house. Bring on SPRING!!!

Photobucket

No comments: