Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Big 30


So I cannot believe it...I am 30. It came, it went and boy am I glad. It was a bad day! You know that day that your kids decided to behave badly and do all those things that drive you crazy. Plus Addison is teething so you can only imagine how fun that was. It was "hold me all day or else I cry." Not sure why they picked this day, but what do you do? Aren't birthdays for mom's overrated when you have kids?? We didn't have a birthday cake (I didn't want to make my own, that just isn't right) My friend Camilla brought me some yummy chocolate chip cookies though, she said you have to have something fattening on your birthday. Thanks Camilla!! Jeff did make a yummy dinner. Steak with caramelized onions and mushrooms, cooked on the grill and potatoes, yummy!!! After dinner Jeff and Parker sang to me but it only took Parker about 10 minutes of whining about doing it before he would do it. That pretty much ruined it. So next year if I want them to sing to me, maybe I should make myself a cake. I did go to Walmart that night and ran into a friend and she pretty much saved the day. We talked forever and had a great chat. Thanks Megan you rock!!! Oh and I did get something else fattening at Walmart!!! I decided that I needed cake and ice-cream. Surprisingly it was yummy!!! (I had my doubts with it being from the Walmart bakery.)

2 comments:

Elsha said...

Happy birthday!

Delcie said...

I still think you need a do-over! If your actual birthday stinks you are totally allowed to celebrate it again until everything goes your way!