Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of Kindergarten...


Well we survived!! He was so excited this morning and could not hold still. He got to wear new clothes and the shoes he picked out weeks ago, they light up and everything. We went over to the school and I walked him in and I could tell he was nervous. He asked when I would be back and then asked where he needed to sit. He gave me a hug and then sat down and that was it. Something kind of weird that they do is they serve the kids breakfast, if you call a pop-tart and juice breakfast. I am just glad that I made pancakes for breakfast and Parker had a full belly. The good news is that I didn't cry, nope not once. I thought that I might. It was a little weird not to have him here all day. The house sure was quiet and Addison had two uninterrupted naps. (that rarely happens) The time came to pick him up and can we say complete chaos....the cars were everywhere and not organized at all. I finally parked the car and went and walked to pick him up. I was tired of waiting. I could tell Parker was excited to see me. He gave his teacher a hug and we were off. He was anxious to tell me all about his day. He says he can't wait to go tomorrow. The only thing he didn't like was that I sent him lunch. He says he wants to eat school lunch. I sure can tell he has been in a cube all day, he has TONS of energy and is outside playing as I write. Here's to a successful year!!!!

3 comments:

Delcie said...

How fun! Kindergarten is the best year! I'm so glad Parker had a great day (and it sounds like yours wasn't too bad either!) Have fun this year!

Brimaca said...

Those pics are great! He's so gorgeous.

anneliese said...

Sounds like everyone had a great first day of school. Congratulations. Parker you look ready for all kinds of great learning. Timothy is having fun at school for the whole day too!