Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day


It is hard to believe that people close school with 6 inches of snow. Living in UT, as a kid, I had only one snow day and there were like 2 feet of snow. So far this year in Midland we have had 2 snow days and all the snow combined is less than 1 foot. I decided though that after having to deal with it here, I don't miss it at all!!! It was weird to look in my backyard and see snow. It was pretty though!! Now you would think that my kids were excited to go out and play in it. I think Addison would have gone out and had fun but she didn't tell me. Parker on the other hand did not even want to go out. He lost his coat right after Christmas and that was his second coat and so I told him no more coats. He has a jacket but thats it. He would not go out, he said that he needed a coat. He has all the other things needed, boots, gloves, snow pants, etc. So we had a great snow day and we didn't play in it at all. But we did see some great snowmen around town. Maybe next year we can make a snowman??

1 comment:

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Yeah, I always thought it was funny when they would close school here in sunny St. G when it would snow 1/2". There is a reason I live where it doesn't snow! Plus I hate the snow make-up days! It is pretty though.