Friday, June 8, 2012

San Antonio Day 2

Parker learned about the Alamo when they learned about Texas History and so we decided it would be fun for him to see it. It was a nice morning and not very crowded. It was fun to read about the history and see the beautiful grounds. The gardens were gorgeous!! 




Here is my little Addison she wanted her picture with EVERYTHING.  I swear I have 50 pictures of just here. She was too funny!!!


After seeing the Alamo went over to the River walk. What a fun place!! I would love to go back with just Jeff. We had the double stroller and were a wide load coming through. We took the kids on the boat tour. That was the highlight for them. They loved that. After the boat ride we took them to the Rainforest Cafe. Kind of fun. Every time a storm came through Addison would get so worried. Once we told her it would be fine she settled down. It sure was funny. Kate loved the huge fish tanks. And the older kids LOVED their balloons. I had no idea that they charged for them until after and the girl said it would be $10.  I just about died. But they were so in love with them. What was I to do?? I do have to admit they were the best balloon animals I have ever seen. Parker's even had a rattle.


After lunch we headed back to the hotel and rested for a few hours. Then that evening we headed back to Sea World. They had late shows and were open until 9 pm. The kids were bummed that we got their too late to feed the dolphins. Definitely the #1 thing they want to do next time. They did get to pet one though and they thought that was pretty cool. We also let them play in the Bay of Play, which is just a big splash pad, they both loved that!


 
That day we did all the water rides. They had this one called Journey to Atlantis. Addison said she wanted to go on it and so I took the older kids and Jeff hung with Kate. Addison was practically running up to the ride and then it was our turn. She FREAKED out. But I made her go anyway, am I a mean mom?? She was so scared. It really is not that scary, it just goes up high and then you get wet. She only cried for an hour after. But now she talks about going again.  Not sure what is going on there.



We ended the day with a Shamu Rocks Show and it was a great show to end the day with!! Lots of fun!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Stacey said...

We just love SA!! Looks like yall had fun!