Saturday, October 3, 2009

Like when I was a kid


My dad has always had a really good garden. He has 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes and his squash are huge. When I was younger my dad would buy a bushel of corn and we would steam that and then get some fresh garden tomatoes and cut those up and then sprinkle them with salt. And that was dinner. YUMMY!!!! I feel like it was yesterday. Now that I am grown I have tried the garden thing and we have quite the tomatoes. We are always eating cherry ones. Well at least me and Parker are, Jeff hates them. But we also have quite the plant with large tomatoes. For lunch today I had some (of course they were sprinkled with salt, just like when I was a kid) and they were yummy. It took be back a few years. Then I was quickly brought back to reality when Addison threw her juice at me. But it was a nice moment and brought back lots of memories. I sure do miss the good old days!!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

My dad and I always ate salted apples and salted tomatoes. Mmmmm.....

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

That is so cool your season goes this late! Good for you on doing a garden!