Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Mom, are you sure I am going to be alright??"



Yes that is Parker in the baby swing. He LOVES to swing but has not learned how to use a big boy swing. I have been trying since we moved to Texas (that is over 2 years) and he just does not seem interested. Yesterday we went to the park with our friends the Nelsons and all the kids wanted to swing. (She has three little boys) So we put the babies in a baby swing one of her other boys in the other baby swing (we made Parker get out) Then we finally convinced Parker to try the big boy swing. His best friend (according to Parker) was in one and so it took a bunch of convincing but we finally convinced him to try it out and he wouldn't have to pump his legs I would just do underdogs. He said he would and things were going great. But then I am not sure what happened. I didn't do anything different than the time before, but I did the underdog and looked back and there was Parker in mid air falling on the cement (it just happened that the cement was a wall around the swings) and he scraped his legs along that and then his belly fell on the step. I couldn't do anything to stop it. It was like slow motion. This cut our time at the park short and we had to go home. Parker told me that he was afraid of falling off the swing and that is why he had never wanted to go on the big swing before. I felt bad for the kid. His scrapes are pretty bad. He might be scarred for life and may not ever get back into a big swing. His only question is "Mom, are you sure I am going to be alright??" He is very concerned about it and won't wear pants. We just hope he will get back on a swing someday!!

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

Wouldn'tcha know?! That stuff always happens to us when M tries new things too. Why is that?

Tiffany said...

Poor Parker! I hope they go away soon...they look like they hurt! OUCH!

Ashleigh said...

ow!