Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas

Okay, I have been a slacker.....well maybe not a slacker. I have been a busy mom. Parker got a double ear infection this weekend. My life has been crazy since. I thought that younger kids got ear infections not 5 year olds. Anyway, he has been the biggest baby. I am not sure it is because he is a boy or a whiny five year old, maybe both. But I think that we now have it under control and we finally went to church today as a family. It had only been like 2 months for me. Oh my goodness I felt like a new person all over again. There were so many things different and so many new people....crazy!!!

Anyway, I am going to get back to our wonderful Christmas vacation. My parents had the privilege of having all of their kids visiting on Christmas. It was crazy!!!! But my parents loved every minute of it. On Christmas eve the chaos began. We had a family photo taken. It turned out cute. My mom loves it. That is all of us, the whole Carroll clan.

My mom made matching pjs for all the kids and my mom and dad. It sure brought back memories of us as kids. My mom even made her famous slippers. We LOVED these as kids. You can read the journaling on my scrapbook page for more info on all of these. (and sorry mom, I am ruining the surprise...you will understand what I mean in a few days).

After the pjs the kids made cookies for Santa. They had a blast. It was fun to watch them be so careful and make their best cookie for Santa.

All in all, it was a great Christmas. It was fun to be around family and the kids had a blast with their cousins.

That evening we even got to see most of my extended family. We visited with them at my aunts house. It was fun to see them and catch up. Some of them I hadn't seen for a long time. Thanks everyone for the fun times. And a big THANK YOU to my grandparents for letting us stay with them. My parents house was full and they let us stay. We loved staying and hope we didn't make too much a mess.

(remember click on the images to make them larger!!!)

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I'm jealous of your visit with you family! We missed ours. But loved not traveling on Christmas.