Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just when things are getting back to normal

So I think that I am finally getting back to normal, the kids are on a schedule again, the piles of laundry are dwindling and the household chores are done.....then Addison gets sick. She has had this little cough since we got home from UT (for that matter we all have), but Addison started to sound really bad. When she coughed it was more of a bark and then when she breathed it sounded at times like she was struggling to get air in. You could hear every breath. It was really starting to worry me. I am not one that will just take my kid to the Dr. for the little things. They usually have to be pretty sick. But when it came to breathing issues I didn't want to take my chances. It just HAD to be a Sunday that this all went down and so to the ER we headed. I am proud to say that this was my first ER visit with my children, ever. We are usually pretty healthy and LUCKILY Parker has never hurt himself to bad. Well not enough to require a visit to the ER. She did really good at the ER. They gave her a breathing treatment and it helped tremendously and then they also gave her a steroid shot to help with keeping the airway open at home. They said that her breathing patterns were called Stridor. But her conditions are a lot like Croup. We had to stay at the hospital for a couple of hours for observation, but after that we were on our way home. She is doing much better and her breathing is much better. But the poor thing coughs all night and then that wakes her up. I feel to bad for her. There isn't really much I can do. And a lot of the day she wants her Daddy and that makes it even harder. We are being home bodies this week and I am going crazy but if she gets better and is back to her normal self I am happy!!

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

So sorry. I hope she heals up quick. We too have had only one visit to the ER - when M choked on a penny last year. I hate going there!