Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We survived....

Let me rephrase that....I survived. Our three week vacation was almost the death of me, but we are glad to be back and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things. So here is the first to many posts. We were very busy while we were gone. We hope all of you had a great Holiday Season.

Our trip out went very well. I was nervous about driving all that way by myself but we made it. The kids did surprisingly well. We went halfway one day and then stayed in a hotel for a night and then finished out the trip. We then stayed a night at my parents house in Sandy UT and then traveled to Pocatello to visit my sis. If you know me well you know that my sis has been in Japan for 3 years and just moved back recently. She just had a baby as well and so we had to go meet the new addition....plus I wanted to spend more time with my sis more than just a few days at Christmas. (she traveled to my parents for the big day). We had a blast. It was me and my kids and her and her four kids....it was crazy. Her hubby was in UT for training. Seeing us with all those kids was crazy. It took us like a half hour to get all the kids strapped into the car to go anywhere. Seeing us at the store with all the kids was even funnier. We made Gingerbread House Cookies (didn't quite turn out as planned, the cookies went psycho in the oven, they flattened out to nothing, darn pillsbury, and we thought we were taking the easy road by buying the dough), Took the kids to The Popcorn Shop, (loved the different flavors of candied popcorn), and let's not forget the snow....sledding was so much fun!!! Some of the pics are my scrapbook pages....I had lots of time in the car to scrap and so I hope you are not bothered by it. If so, you will just have to deal with it. (remember that you can click on any image and it will become larger. If that is still not large enough for you, after you click on the image you can press and hold ctrl and then press the plus key and it will make it bigger, keep pushing plus and it will get even bigger)

This was the best way to make cookies ever...not a big clean up and the kids loved it!! They each got one cookie and a plate of candy.

Parker picked Caramel Corn....of all the flavors...what a weirdo. The rest of the kids picked tutti fruiti....NASTY!!! I don't recommend it. I had Huckleberry Cheesecake....YUMMY!!! We also tried Caramel Apple...you should really order some, it is yummy stuff.

Addison loved to watch the kids sled, it was so cute to watch. Because my sis just had a baby a week before she couldn't sled with them. The kids were most excited about sledding. We had a blast. At that point in the trip Parker asked if we could move there so we could play in the snow everyday. He loved it.

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

I'm so glad you are back safe and sound! :) Looks so fun. I want to hear more about your sister and your visit when we come visting teaching soon. :)

Ashleigh said...

i'm glad you had such an awesome time!