Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goal Accomplished!!!



I set out to run a 10K last spring and started training and yesterday I did it. It went really well. I have always enjoyed running and started doing it again after I had Addison. I am no good at it and I am not a sprinter but slow and steady finishes the race. I am just glad it is over and I may do another one in November. The first two miles is always the hardest and so once I got past the 2 mile mark I was fine. I did get a little concerned towards the end though. I was running probably a quarter of a mile behind a group of people the whole time and at the end of the race you turn a few corners and then the finish line is right there. At one point I didn't see anyone and thought that maybe I had gone the wrong way, but once I turned that last corner all my worries were gone and the finish line was in site. I felt really good after I ran and feel great to have accomplished my goal. (sorry the pics are so bad, they were taken with Jeff's cell phone.)

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Way to go!!! What an accomplishment! So is a half marathon next?

Matt and Jade said...

Congrats. Matt ran a half marathon yesterday. It was so exciting to see him finish. I hope it was exciting for Jeff too.

Brimaca said...

You're amazing and inspiring. And I think you run really well. You are faster than I am!

Lacey said...

Way to go Heather!!!!!