Monday, June 8, 2009

I was that lady


We have been working on food storage lately and we ordered some roller shelves. LOVE THEM!! They are awesome. If you are thinking about it, do it!!! Jeff finally finished (well almost, it doesn't have doors yet) my shelf in my laundry room. (pics to come when he gets it done) We are able to stack our washer and dryer and so it opens up a big space for food storage. I am excited to have the shelf (it was a Valentines present). Jeff has taken his sweet time with it. Anyway, yeaterday was the day to get the roller shelves filled. I noticed so many people staring at me. Then when we went to check out I was the lady that you don't want to get behind (only because I had a whole cart full). The lady checking us out did not look pleased and the bagger looked even worse. We needed two carts to get us out to the car. Then the guy who helped us to the car said, "I hope you have a can opener!!" It was funny. You can tell that he was wondering what I was going to do with all of that. We did have alot of stuff, but it is a great start on our food storage. I just felt like a weirdo at the store. I have never gotten so many stares in my life. But now I feel a tad bit more prepared.

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I had to stock up too although not as much it sounds like. The lady just said, "Wow you are really stocking up!"

I love my shelves and need two more. If only we had somewhere to put them.