Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Stats are in...

Addison went to the doctor and she gave us a few surprises. The appointment went great, there were no shots for today. Gotta love that!! She weighed in at 17 lbs and 28 inches long. She is the 15 percentile for her weight and the 75th for her height. The doctor checked her ears and asked me how she has been feeling and she has not been any different than she normally is and so I wondered why he asked. Well come to find out she has a double ear infection. (She must take after momma, from what I am told I never showed any signs either). She is on an antibiotic and hopefully it will go away. Other than that she is doing great!!!

Parker had his 5 year old appointment with his doctor and he is doing great!! He is 47 lbs and is 44 inches tall. He has grown so much recently. He is the typical 5 year old. He does have this virus on his neck called molluscum. Doctor says it will go away with time but is quite contagious. And he is showing signs that he has his daddy's eyesight (thank goodness, momma's is horrible).

I have had high Cholesterol since Addison was born and have had to keep getting it checked to see if it has lowered. Well it has lowered quite a bit. I went and got a test the other day and had to take the kids and Parker was so nervous for me. I have had too many needles in my arm for tests and giving blood that it isn't a big deal but when Parker saw the needle his eyes got huge and he made a scary face. He watched the entire time and I just kept reassuring him that it was going to be okay. Then he was worried that they were going to take all of my blood. Once he was convinced that they weren't going to take it all he did not settle down until the needle was out of my arm. It was cute. Anyway, the test came back much better. My last test came back at 270 for my cholesterol and this time it was 204. According to them it is supposed to be below 200 and so what I am doing is working. YEAH!!! All my hard work is paying off.

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Yay for growing strong! So cute about Parker being worried. And for the longest time my stats dropping were the only thing that kept me exercising and trying to eat better.

Even Better Than the Real Thing said...

Jag had those muluscomeswhatevers and they were bad and had to be burned off. I am glad that Parkers weren't so bad. That website is fridayfillins.blogspot.com.