Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tough Enuf to Wear Pink

I did it, I ran another 5K race and it went better this time. Other than the wind that we had to run into during the last of the race. I ran it in 34 minutes and 5 seconds. The family didn't come over to this one but I was able to meet up with some friends there and we had a great time. I am still pushing to run the 10K in September. I have a friend that wants me to run a 10 miler one month from now but I just don't think that I will be ready. The race was for cancer research (I think) they gave us all pink t-shirts and talked about cancer survivors. I should really pay more attention.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

How fun! I have been so off in my running lately. I really need to get back into it. I am hoping to do the 10k in September also. Don't know if I will be ready but at least the 5k!

Brimaca said...

Good job!!! We are going to run another one soon. We are at 36 minutes. I ran Sat. morning and it was great! Now I just need a summer babysitter to watch my kids on Tue. and Thur. mornings so I can do it three times a week in the mornings and just three days at night.

The Nelson Clan said...

Hey that is awesome! I ran my first 10k last November. You should try it. It really isn't that bad. If you can run the 5k that is the hardest part. In fact even when I run now it is the first 2 miles that is the hardest and then you just kind of get into a rhythm and go. It is a great goal though! Good Luck!
Clarissa